Thursday, December 10, 2009

Update by Dotty December 9, 2009

Joy and tears….12-9-09

It has been almost a month since I last wrote and much has happened in our household. Of course, Tom’s health is the most important news. Last Thursday (3rd) we went to a wonderful Christmas concert…Casey pushed Grandpa in his wheelchair, and he was able to walk to our assigned seats. Yesterday, (Tuesday) he could barely walk unassisted. He uses the walker all the time, and much of the time he sits in it and I push him around (always wanted to do that!! Smile). Christy, our hospice nurse, was here yesterday…she thinks he may make it to Christmas. Dan, Laura, Jacob will be arriving here in TX on Monday night….they very much want to see him too…pray with us about that. His pain level continues to rise, but I have morphine that I drop on his tongue and the pain starts to subside in about 5 minutes. With that and his other pain meds his pain is under control most of the time. He sleeps quite a bit, but when awake he is very alert. We are having some really good times together. Of course, Lori and her family are supporting us in every way. We are sooooo thankful we moved to TX when we did. The Lord certainly was gracious in timing all of that.

My back pain has gotten worse—the injections haven’t helped…pray with me about this. I really want to be at my best for Tom’s care. Last night I had a big-time melt-down…I guess the reality of Tom’s soon home going really hit home…Every day I have willingly surrendered him to the Lord with a deep peace, but last night I just couldn’t do it….Tom prayed that somehow my grief would be lifted. After many tears, I went to the piano and was playing “And I shall see Him face to face and tell the story saved by grace.” The phone rang….it was Elaine Heavner whose husband, Bob, passed away very suddenly in April. “Dotty, are you okay?” she asked. “No!” I sobbed and pretty soon we were both bawling like babies over the phone trying to console one another. I wondered what the Lord thought about these two women sobbing their hearts out. Then suddenly it seemed really funny. So Elaine and I had a good cry and a good laugh, then she gently prayed for us, especially for me. She is so precious…this is her first Christmas without Bob…..mine will be next year. It just isn’t easy, but by faith we KNOW He will see us through—Tom safely to heaven and His presence and me??????...well that’s the walk of faith I shall take as I seek to finish well without my beloved.

Thanks for being dear friends….a Christmas letter will be on the way soon….we love you dearly for hangin’ in there with us and holding us up by prayer. God is answering….as we …


Seeking to finish well in TX....
Dotty Hash (for Tom too)
326 Highland Ridge Dr
Wylie TX 75098
214-501-2527 cell: 720-480-7487