Flight to Normandy went well. 9-28-09
Tom and David had a good flight...had bulkhead seats to themselves. Tom slept, David didn't. They were met by Dan (who came by car) then Terry from London. Tom's pain was under control for the whole flight. Thank you so much for praying. We know the Lord is going to bless them soooo much this week. I'm doing fine emotionally, but my back is a pain—I see the pain doctor tomorrow.
On Saturday evening, Tom was reading his Bible.....then handed it to me to read to him....tears were streaming down his face... This is what he was reading:
Ps. 116 “I love the Lord for he heard my voice (I have no voice, Tom wept). He heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned His ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: O Lord, save me!” The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you....How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.....Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. O Lord, truly I am your servant......”
We were having a real melt-down… the phone rang—it was Ray Hauser from Hawaii….our son in the Lord…he wept with us, encouraged us, then prayed. It was such a special time…Thanks, Ray. We are aware that so many of you are upholding us before the Lord….and He is answering you. Please, please continue…it’s getting harder for us each day.
Tom mentioned that he doesn’t foresee anything for him beyond Normandy…not sure what the Lord means by that. I feel that way about after Tom is with the Lord…sometimes I get into a pity-party about it….What about me! But I know that is not from the Lord….He does have a life for me after Tom, but right now it’s not too exciting. But my trust is in the Lord…He will never leave me or forsake me, even when Tom is gone. In the meantime we enjoy each other, and cling closely to our loving Savior, whose arms are always open to embrace us with joy and love and peace. I feel so loved by Him. How can a person experience such deep sorrow and deep peace at the same time? Only God can do such an amazing thing.
Seeking to finish well in TX....
Dotty Hash (for Tom too)
326 Highland Ridge Dr
Wylie TX 75098
214-501-2527 cell: 720-480-7487