Wed night...10:15p.m.
Dear, dear ones.....what a day. But Tom is going to be okay.
Looked in his throat under anesthesia--there is a narrowing in his throat but they could not stretch it because of his blood thinners. He has an ulcer on his throat caused by the radiation which evidently closed his throat. Otherwise he is doing well. Hopefully they can start him on ice cubes, and work up to soft foods. They will not send him home until he can maintain his intake adequate to sustain his weight. That may take a few days. They will treat him with oral Nexium and heavy steroids. Hopefully he can resume his radiation next week.
I had a series of steroid shots in my back today--won't know full effect until about 8 to 10 days. Praying for permanant relief, but if the Lord can use me better in pain, I am willing. I just love him so much. Please, please pray for our dear friend Russ (Phyllis) Debruine in Denver. He fell Monday (ironically arrived at the hospital just about the time I took Tom into the ER.) He has a very serious brain injury, and this morning his heart stopped. They have him on life support. All of this in the midst of 12-18 inches of snow falling in the area. Phyllis is clinging closely to the Lord. Oh, how we wish we could be there for them.
I wish I could tell you how precious the Lord has been to me today, but I simply can't put it into words. Thanks for your love and prayers.
Seeking to finish well in TX....
Dotty Hash (for Tom too)
326 Highland Ridge Dr
Wylie TX 75098
214-501-2527 cell: 720-480-7487