Monday, October 5, 2009

Return from Normandy Beach Visit - Oct 5, 2009 - from Dotty

A Memorable Trip to Normandy 10-5-09

Tom and Dave returned from Paris on Sunday afternoon. The trip far exceeded their expectations. Tom felt very loved as he and his sons reversed roles. Dave gently cared for his Dad’s medical needs, seeing that his meds were given on time and overseeing his pain control and other physical needs. Dan was Dad’s logistics director—he brought a wheel chair and enabled Tom to see that many cemeteries, museums, beaches and countryside around Normandy. Terry (Lori’s husband) applied his culinary art and prepared great meals—Dad’s appetite and capacity for food is poor, but Terry kept him from losing any weight. I guess the role of entertainment director went to both Terry and Dan. In Paris, Dan pushed the wheelchair to the very place under the Eifel Tower where he proposed to Laura many years ago. Tom came home stronger than when he left—I was amazed—maybe the boys took better care of him than I do. (Smile) I am just so glad to have him home again and rejoice in the Lord’s blessing and protection over the whole trip.

We start radiation tomorrow on the tumor in his neck. Our prayer is that the result will be less pain in the area, perhaps some restoration of his vocal cords, and improved quality of life. We have seen the results of so many of your prayers, so we humbly ask that you keep on holding us before the Lord.

Even though my back pain persists, I am still claiming the Lord’s promise to me from I Cor. 1:8a, 9b: He will keep you strong to the end...He is faithful. Yes, He surely is! We’re counting on Him!


Seeking to finish well in TX....
Dotty Hash (for Tom too)
326 Highland Ridge Dr
Wylie TX 75098
214-501-2527 cell: 720-480-7487